Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sweet Cinnamon Donuts






 Sweet Cinnamon Donuts

We all love donuts. We feel alittle like Homer Stimpson when we see them "Ummm..dddooonnuutss" Problem is they are not a food we can have all the time if we are trying to be healthy. Well now it is.  When I got my Sweet Spreads sample pack i I knew EXACTLY what I was going to drizzle over these bad boys! The sample pack from sweet spreads gives you a 4oz container of six flavors so you can pick your favorite and order big jars. They are all amazing ! Anyway I topped these with the Cinnamon Roll spread and they were DIVINE! LITERALLY DIVINE!!!  



Sample Pack fo Cocobutters:
Cinnamon Roll, Chocolate Brownie, Mint Brownie,
Maple pancake, White Chocolate, and Vanilla cupcake

Here is the recipe. Check out sweet spread at www.sweetspread.com or on Instagram  @sweetspread. 

 BUT I will posting these again shortly with a different topping you can make at home so you have more options.



3/4 c oats
2 egg whites
1/2 c cinnamon protein powder (vanilla may work just add more cinnamon but this is amazing for baking. The Link is at the bottom of this post)
1/3 c ripe banana
25 drops Sweet leaf English toffee stevia  drops (I use this because it has a little of a brown sugar feel to it- You can purchase on amazon, iherb, and vitacost they last forever so its WELL worth the money- One of the Links for purchase will be at the bottom)
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs almond milk
1/3 cooked and soft sweet potato 
8-10 stevia packets
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Bake 350 for 7-9 minutes 

I have found if I pull them out of the oven and put them in a tin foil to cool it locks in the moisture and makes the tops REALLY soft which I personally like a lot




Makes 6-8 donuts depending on your pan
calorie break down for 7 donuts
CALORIES: 89
FAT: 1.2 g
Protein: 8.5
Carbs: 11.1 g

This info is without the cinnamon roll topping ( I dont have the nut butter nutritional facts but I used about 2 tps melted on each donut)

English toffee Link:
http://www.vitacost.com/wisdom-natural-sweetleaf-sweet-drops-sweetener-english-toffee-2-fl-oz-6

Cinnamon protein powder link:
http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Nutritional-Cinnamon/dp/B009WSK6QO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1391362690&sr=8-3&keywords=cinnamon+protein






No comments:

Post a Comment