Monday, September 9, 2013

WHO AM I....






I have been active my whole life but two distinct issues brought about my LOVE for exercise and health. After a rough semester at collage I become very depressed. I felt very lonely being 3,000 miles from my home in the DC suburbs and had been through a very hard break up. I started going to the gym to get out of my apartment. The endorphins lifted my spirits and I learned quickly that my way to happiness was exercise. It made me feel alive,invigorated, and in control. I LOVED it. I got certified as a fitness instructor and started teaching at the age of 20. I ate decently healthy during this period but my passion for it really developed after I tore my ACL playing club Lacrosse for BYU. I sat around a lot in recovery which was hard for me due to my love for exercise. But I realized during this period I needed to eat better. I began my healthy food journey at this point. Skip forward 6 years and my fabulous husband and I were trying to conceive. I was told to stop teaching fitness classes, lower my heart rate, limit my exercise and eating more fat it would help. I already had a balance diet already so this was hard for me to digest! Plus I LOVE the rush that flows through me when my heart pumps and I was now being restricted. I worked with the fertility doctors for almost two years. I had faith that if I followed the doctors orders I would get pregnant and it was hard. I did insemination 3 times and then invetro and conceived two little girls who were born June 19th, 2013. At the beginning of my pregnancy I was so careful to not lose though little angels through strenuous exercise but I ALWAYS did as much as I could along the way. As time went on I was able to get back into kickboxing(which is my second love after my family) and modified the routines I used to teach at the gym to fit my new pregnant needs. I worked hard (for a pregnant girl) 6 days a week. I wanted to have a good labor and I wanted to carry my girls as long as possible. I made it to 38 and 1/2 weeks. And luckily was healthy as a horse in the end!

Now I have two beautiful little girls and I am back to my old ways! Pushing myself to the limits, experimenting in the gym and the kitchen, training clients, and being thankful everyday for the OPPORTUNITY I have to exercise and eat Healthy.

I love to share everything I have learned over the years and I love to learn from others as well.I hope you enjoy my recipes and exercises and I hope you believe in yourself . YOU can do hard things!




2 comments:

  1. As a fitness enthusiast myself, I am beginning the journey of IVF. Although it is a long story, I was wondering if you had to use injectible medications and how you handled the side effects. Congratulations on your beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this response is a little late. YES i did. I used a lot. I was moody plus your emotions are always really high. To be honest i seemed to be more short tempered and sensitive BUT it was soo worth it. And pregnancy hormones seemed like cake in comparison. Every one is different though so just try to stay positive!

      Delete