Sunday, January 5, 2014

Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad Open Faced Sandwich








Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad Open Faced Sandwich 

This is  a family fav for my hubby and I.  I make it  open faced simply because it will take me longer to scarf it down so that gives me more time to enjoy!  I feel like i am having two sandwiches! My husband makes his like a normal sandwich. 

1/2 cup  Pan seared or grilled chicken chopped -salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup grape tomatoes cut in thirds
1 slice turkey bacon- chopped
1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
 1 tablespoon LOW-FAT mayo NOT light (The kind that I use is only 15 cal - 1 g of fat. Kraft makes one )
Pinch of salt pepper and Stevia 
A few pieces of lettuce
1/5 ish of an avocado just  enough to  spread over a slice or 2 of bread.
1 or  2 slices of bread-  look for a healthy local  Non-processed bread or Eziekel bread.

Mix chicken ,Greek yogurt, mayo Together with salt , pepper and pinch of Stevia. Add in chopped tomatoes and chopped  turkey bacon. Toast bread and smooth avocado on top as if it were butter. Top bread and avocado with lettuce and then chicken salad mixture. I will normally sprinkle with pepper on top as well. You can also eat over a bed of lettuce  and forget the bread for a lowcarb option!


No comments:

Post a Comment